Mark W. Good
Mark Good is a Partner and member of the Intellectual Property, Commercial Law and Real Estate Litigation Practice Groups at Terra Law LLP. Mark Good's area of practice is primarily in the area of intellectual property, real estate and business litigation, focusing on trade secret disputes, trademark, copyright, computer and Internet law, including domain name disputes in ICANN Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) administrative proceedings, and counseling to businesses regarding protection of their intellectual property and entertainment law.
His experience with real estate cases includes those involving land use, purchase and sale transactions, construction defects, partition, easements, quiet title, adverse possession, slander of title, eminent domain, title insurance claims, foreclosure actions, brokerage commission claims, partnership dissolutions, and commercial lease disputes. Mr. Good has also represented public sector employees in employment disputes, and government subcontractor employees involving issues of Top Secret clearance.
Mr. Good joined the firm after retiring as a police sergeant, during which time he supervised investigations, police reserves and the tactical team. Mr. Good is serving his third term as an elected member of the Gilroy Unified School District Board of Education, serving as its President in 2013-2014. Previously, he was associated with the boutique Intellectual Property law firm of Davis & Schroeder, and worked at Roberts & Elliott LLP, starting its Intellectual Property law section.
Mr. Good is an adjunct professor of law at Lincoln Law School and a founding member of the Intellectual Property Clinic at Lincoln Law School in San Jose, California. The IP Clinic is the first patent and trademark clinic in Silicon Valley, and is one of only 18 patent and trademark clinics nationally.
Mark Good has been named to the Northern California Rising Stars list as one of the top up-and-coming attorneys in California for 2012. Each year, no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state receive this honor.
The selection for this respected list is made by the research team at Super Lawyers. Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business, is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The annual selections are made using a rigorous multi-phased process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, an independent research evaluation of candidates, and peer reviews by practice area.
The Rising Stars lists are published nationwide in Super Lawyers magazines and in leading city and regional magazines across the country. For more information about Super Lawyers, go to superlawyers.com.
The first Super Lawyers list was published in 1991 and by 2009 the rating service had expanded nationwide. In February 2010 Super Lawyers was acquired by Thomson Reuters the world's leading source of intelligent information for business and professionals.
Areas of Practice
- Intellectual Property
- Entertainment Law
- Real Estate and Business Litigation
- Trade Secret Disputes
- Computer and Internet Law
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara, California
- J.D. - 2001
- Major: Certificate in High Technology Law
- University of Phoenix
- M.A. - 1996
- Major: Organizational Management
- San Jose State University
- B.A. - 1982
- Major: Criminal Justice Administration
- Procedural Requirements for Trademark, Intellectual Property Clinic Workbook, 2014
- Registrability of Trademarks, Intellectual Property Clinic Workbook, 2014
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2012 - Present
- Northern California Rising Stars, 2012 - Present
- Police Officer of the Year, Gilroy Exchange Club, 1996
- Police Officer of the Year, Gilroy Exchange Club, 1995
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law section, Member: Forum Committee on Entertainment and Sports Industries
- California Bar Association, Member
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member