Terra Law's Trusts and Estates Practice works with individuals and families to create custom designed estate plans tailored to each client's unique desires and circumstances. We pride ourselves on listening carefully to your goals, concerns and objectives, and we help identify issues and options to consider, taking into account your family dynamics, family objectives, real world practicalities, in addition to tax considerations.
We recognize that every client is unique. At San Jose law offices of Terra Law, our focus is on you:
- What legacy do you want to leave, philanthropic and familial?
- How do you want to be remembered?
- How do you want to provide for your children when you are no longer there to provide for them?
- For business owners, how would you like to transition your business after your death? Who will run the business if you are unable to do so? How will the family reap the economic value of your interest in the business after you die?
- Are you concerned about your children's financial responsibility? Do you want your children's ultimate inheritance to be protected from their creditors?
- Who would you select to manage your financial affairs if you became unable to do so, and who would you choose to be the alternate if that person was unavailable?
- Who would you select to make medical decisions for you if you are unable to make them for yourself, and who would you choose to be the alternate?
What We Do
We prepare living trusts, wills, powers of attorney, and other instruments that will assist you in achieving your goals. We also prepare irrevocable trusts to help you achieve your lifetime giving, wealth transfer and philanthropic goals.
We advise clients in post-death administration of trusts and estates, have experience in representing trustees in trust administration matters, and we represent trustees and beneficiaries in trust and estate disputes.
For more information on our Trusts and Estates practice or to discuss your estate planning, or trust or estate administration or litigation matter, please contact attorney Thomas E. Rossmeissl.