San Jose Lawyers for Corporate Organization and Governance
The corporate practice at Terra Law, in San Jose, California, offers comprehensive client service across the spectrum of organizational needs from business entity selection and registration to the resolution of disputes within partnerships, trusts, corporations and limited liability companies.
Our clients include entrepreneurs, recent startups, established family businesses, real estate professionals, high-tech companies, and those involved in the purchase, sale or restructuring of business assets. We integrate our understanding of our clients’ practical business demands into our role as corporate counsel to make sure that our solutions fit their circumstances and objectives.
Integrated Client Service Across the Range of Corporate Law Issues
The combination of personal service and sophisticated experience we offer can help you find the right solution in situations such as the following:
- Business entity selection, formation and registration
- Advice and documentation for articles of incorporation, initial organizing minutes, bylaws, stock certificates, investment representation letters, and required government filings
- Qualification to do business in other states
- Preparation, review and amendment of shareholder or operating agreements, buy-sell agreements, employee or executive stock options, and other documentation that can affect future equity interests
- Evaluation of potential corporate names, trademarks or service marks for general or local availability and conflicts
- Cooperation with financial and accounting professionals regarding initial capitalization
- Advice concerning shareholder and directors’ minutes, special meetings or elections in order to ensure statutory and regulatory compliance and avoid liability
- Negotiation, documentation and due diligence as required in business purchase, sale or merger transactions, including advice as to structuring the transaction
Some clients depend on our attorneys for comprehensive corporate or partnership advice in the context of a continuing general counsel relationship. Other companies tap into our highly focused experience with corporate law issues on an as needed basis.
To schedule a consultation, contact us online or call (408) 299-1200 today! Our friendly and experienced San Jose corporate law attorneys are here to help.