San Jose Intellectual Property Law Attorneys
Over 36 Years Serving Clients Throughout the Northern California Bay Area
Our intellectual property practice is fully integrated-in other words, we have the expertise to represent our clients throughout the full range of their intellectual property needs, from initial formation and licensing of their intellectual property to the enforcement and defense of intellectual property rights at the trial or appellate court level.
Intellectual Property Licensing and Protection
The intellectual property attorneys of Terra Law have the practical business experience, technical knowledge and sophisticated legal understanding that Silicon Valley and Bay Area software companies, high-tech entrepreneurs and businesses need to assure the profitability of their innovations.
With the experience of hundreds of complex IP transactions, we provide advice, negotiation support and contract documentation for such matters as:
- Trademark registration and development
- Direct response television product licensing
- Technology licensing
- Internet domain name registration and protection
- Licensing of patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets and proprietary processes
- Employee and independent contractor covenants concerning noncompetition, nonsolicitation, nondisclosure and other confidentiality considerations
- Intellectual property portfolio development and management
- Purchase and sale of intellectual property assets
- Advice as to the validity, value, enforceability and marketability of particular assets ranging from copyrights to software patents
Intellectual Property Litigation
Our Intellectual Property litigation attorneys have extensive experience litigating intellectual property issues involving trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights, domain names and licensing agreements.
Smaller or newer companies can find themselves intimidated when confronted by infringement claims brought by industry giants. However, our clients need never feel outmatched in litigation with a major corporation over intellectual property issues, as Terra Law’s attorneys are highly experienced litigators with keen insight into cutting edge technology and businesses.
We litigate intellectual property disputes such as:
- Assertion or defense of infringement claims under patents, copyrights, trade secrets or trademarks
- Enforcement of trade secrets and nondisclosure covenants under employment agreements, vendor contracts or third-party licenses
- Enforcement of IP rights under business purchase or sale agreements
- Breach of contract claims under assignment or license agreements
- Internet domain name disputes
- First-party insurance coverage claims under general liability or errors and omissions policies
- Antitrust issues
- Advertising claims
- International IP infringement or contract claims
To schedule a consultation, contact us online or call (408) 299-1200 today! Our friendly and experienced San Jose Intellectual Property Law Attorneys are here to help.